Sights to visit
MARRAKESH: the sights to visit
Here is the small list of the main places of interest that you should not miss:
- THE DJEMMA EL FNA PLACE: This place is the biggest curiosity of the city with its multiple demonstrations and animations.. There is always something happening: musicians, dancers, acrobats, snake charmers, etc.... to see rather in the evening....
- THE KOUTOUBIA: Situated not far from the DJEMMA EL FNA place, this minaret of 70m is the symbol of the city.
Koutoubia At day fall
The Koutoubia Minaret
Koutoubia by night
- THE MOSQUE AL MANSOUR: very beautiful mosque which we can just see from the outside, also called the mosque of Kasbah.
- THE AL BAHIA PALACE: one of the most beautiful and richer palace than we can visit in Marrakesh.
The Bahia palace - court
The Bahia palace - Ceiling
- THE AL BADII PALACE: vestige of the saadienne period. Several nests of storks in its walls.
- THE MEDERSA BEN YOUSSEF and THE MUSEUM OF MARRAKESH: situated a few meters away from the famous fountain "CHROB OU CHOUF" (Drink and admire), it is a former Koranic school, magnificent monument as well as the museum close to it.
The Medersa - Patio
The Medersa - Rooms
- THE MUSEUM OF DAR SI SAID: the visit of this magnificent palace should absolutely not be missed.
- THE SOUKS: numerous around the place, typical atmosphere....
The souk with leather
The souk of the dyers
All kinds of spices
All kinds of hats
- THE GARDEN OF THE MENARA: vast garden with its pond and its house of the saadienne period.
- THE GARDEN OF MAJORELLE: created by the painter from Nancy Jacques Majorelle who lived there from 1922 till 1962, and acquired by Pierre Bergé and Yves St Laurent in 1980. In the heart of the tumult of the urban life of Marrakesh, the Majorelle garden offers its freshness and calm to the visitors.
- THE SAADIENS GRAVES: just next to the mosque AL MANSOUR (small alley to the right). Magnificent monuments, their frigidity creates the admiration. (3 main necropolis to be seen)
- THE AREAS OF THE TANNERS: ask a taxi driver (Be careful: strong smells!!!) to understand the manufacturing of articles in skin.
Of course, this list IS NOT COMPLETED because MARRAKESH is a magnificent city which leaves nobody emotionless.
In the region of MARRAKESH
- The Ourika valley
- Ski station of Oukaimiden
- The Imlil valley
- The Amezmiz valley
- The Ouzoud waterfalls
The Ourika valley
The Ouzoud waterfalls
The Amezmiz valley
ESSAOUIRA : the sights to visit
- The door of the navy and the Sqala harbour
- The harbour and the city
The harbour and the city
- The Souk of Jdid
- The Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah museum
- The old Jewish and Christians cemeteries
- The church
OUARZAZATE : The sights to visit
- The Taourirt Kasbah
- The Tiffoultout Kasbah
- The Atlas studios
- The palm grove
- The oasis